Updated from Sunday, July 18
The order, announced Monday at the Farnborough International Airshow, adds to the 71 models of the same aircraft previously bought by Emirates, according to the Associated Press.
The news comes as the airplane industry is gathering in England for the Farnborough International Airshow.A highlight of the show was the landing of a Boeing 787 jet -- the first time one has touched down outside the U.S. Boeing has often touted the plane as a next-generation airliner because of its fuel efficiency and what the company claims is a more comfortable passenger environment. But production problems already have delayed the airliner's delivery by more than two years. At the show, Boeing CEO Jim McNerney said the company planned to deliver the 787 by the end of this year, although he added that some administrative delays could push the date into 2011, the Associated Press reported.
|Boeing CEO Jim McNerney, right, and Jim Albaugh, the chief of the company's commercial airline unit, pose with a Boeing 787 after it landed at the Farnborough International Airshow.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV