CUPERTINO, Calif. (TheStreet) -- Despite the Antennagate PR nightmare, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 4 antenna blunder will greatly impact the company's quarterly earnings report, which hits today after market close.
(Tune into TheStreet at 4 p.m. Eastern -- we'll be live-blogging the earnings call and answering questions from readers.)
In fact, the following sample of recent comments from Apple fans, culled from Twitter and the margins of our own stories, underlines how Apple enjoys a brand awareness and customer loyalty that few companies can match:
"[Apple's] brand loyalty is a little unusual in this day and age, when so many options are [on the market]," said Priya Raghubir, professor of marketing at New York University's Stern School of Business, in an interview with TheStreet. "The fact that they have got this almost militant customer base suggests that they are doing a lot of things right."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV