Tiger sponsors like AT&T (T) Accenture (ACN), PepsiCo's (PEP) Gatorade brand and P&G's (PG) Gillette didn't stick around to see how the Tiger scandal would pan out. They jumped before the ship could sink.
A study by finance professors at the University of California, Davis, estimated that shareholders of Tiger Woods-endorsed companies lost between $5 billion and $12 billion in market value after his sex scandal broke.
Electronic Arts stock fell 4.5% to $14.79 at Friday's closing bell, while Nike tumbled 2.4% to $68.96.
Click here for an overview of Tiger's evolving relationship with his sponsors through his scandal
-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Stockpickr.com. Follow Andrea Tse on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV