Research in Motion (RIMM) still can't get the touch screen to work right on the smartphone.
These other companies are great in their own way but none of them offer a collective ecosystem of seamless software/hardware integration like Apple. Consumers are fiercely loyal to the company with good reason.
The bottom line is that sentiment is important for investors to gauge in the short run but in the long run it all comes back to fundamentals. I'd like to watch Steve Jobs give a press conference in which he presents the fundamentals of Apple's current earnings along with the future growth forecasts as compared to competing companies in the tech sector.Does Wall Street need Steve Jobs to tell them everything?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV