The Briscoe Law Firm, PLLC And Cash Powers Taylor, LLP Announce Shareholder Investigation Into The Acquisition Of NBTY By The Carlyle Group
The Briscoe Law Firm, PLLC, founded by a former state prosecutor and enforcement attorney for the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, and the law firm of Cash Powers Taylor, LLP are investigating potential legal claims against the Board of Directors of NBTY, Inc. (“NBTY” or “Company”) (NYSE: NTY) related to the proposed acquisition of NBTY by The Carlyle Group.
The agreement, which was announced on July 15, 2010, involves a transaction valued at approximately $3.8 billion, which reportedly offers shareholders of NBTY $55.00 per share. The investigation relates to possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of NBTY for approving this transaction, whether the consideration to be received by NBTY shareholders is fair, and whether NBTY’s board of Directors acted in the shareholders’ best interests.
If you currently own shares of NBTY and would like additional information regarding this investigation, or if you have information regarding the allegations involving this transaction, please contact Patrick Powers at Cash Powers Taylor, LLP, toll free (877) 728-9607, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or The Briscoe Law Firm, PLLC toll free (877) 397-5991, or via email at WBriscoe@TheBriscoeLawFirm.com. There is no cost or fee to you.
The Briscoe Law Firm is a full service business litigation, commercial transaction, and public advocacy firm with more than 20 years of experience in complex litigation and transactional matters.Cash Powers Taylor, LLP is a boutique litigation law firm that handles a variety of complex business litigation matters, including claims of investor and stockholder fraud, shareholder oppression, shareholder derivative suits, and security class actions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV