Some ETFs that are likely to be influenced by the new law include:
- Financial Select Sector SPDR (XLF), which boasts JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo as its top holdings.
- iShares Dow Jones US Financial Services (IYG), which includes Goldman Sachs and Citigroup in its top holdings.
- Vanguard Financials ETF (VFH), which gives ample exposure to some of the aforementioned firms as well as Travelers (TRV) and Aflac (AFL), which are expected to be impacted by the newly constructed Federal Insurance Office to monitor the insurance industry and give it 2 cents on ways to modernize insurance regulation.
When investing in these ETFs, it is important to consider the inherent risks that are involved. To help mitigate these risks, the use of an exit strategy which identifies specific price points at which downward price pressure is likely to be seen is important. Such a strategy can be found at SmartStops.net.
Written by Kevin Grewal in Houston.
Grewal has no positions in the securities mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV