Law Offices Of Howard G. Smith Announces Investigation On Behalf Of Shareholders Of NBTY, Inc.
Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that it is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of NBTY, Inc. (“NBTY” or the “Company”) (NYSE:NTY), a manufacturer of nutritional supplements, related to the Company’s agreement to be acquired by The Carlyle Group. The proposed cash transaction is valued at approximately $3.8 billion.
Under the terms of the definitive merger agreement entered into by the parties, The Carlyle Group will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of NBTY for $55.00 per share in cash. The Company’s shares traded as high as $51.00 per share as recently as April 15, 2010. The transaction is expected to close by the end of 2010. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law related to approval of the proposed transaction by NBTY’s board of directors.
If you own shares of NBTY, if you have information or would like to
learn more about these claims, or if you wish to discuss these matters
or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or
interests with respect to these matters, please contact Howard G. Smith,
Esquire, of Law Offices of Howard G. Smith, 3070 Bristol Pike, Suite
112, Bensalem, Pennsylvania 19020 by telephone at (215) 638-4847, Toll
Free at (888) 638-4847, or by email to
or visit our website at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV