Inverness Medical Innovations Changes Name To Alere
WALTHAM, Mass., July 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Inverness Medical Innovations, Inc. (NYSE: IMA), a global leader in enabling individuals to take charge of their health at home through the merger of rapid diagnostics and health management, announced today that it has changed its name to Alere Inc., after shareholders approved the name change at its Annual Meeting of Stockholders held on July 14, 2010. The Company also announced that it expects its NYSE stock symbol to change from "IMA" to "ALR" effective Monday, July 19, 2010.
By developing new capabilities in near-patient diagnosis, monitoring and health management, Alere Inc. (formerly Inverness Medical Innovations, Inc.) enables individuals to take charge of improving their health and quality of life. Alere's global leading products and services, as well as its new product development efforts, focus on infectious disease, cardiology, oncology, drugs of abuse and women's health. Alere is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
SOURCE Alere Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV