Riverview Bancorp Earns $1.8 Million In First Quarter; Credit Quality Improves And Net Interest Margin Expands For Sixth Consecutive Quarter
VANCOUVER, Wash., July 15, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Riverview Bancorp, Inc. ("Riverview" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:RVSB), the parent company of Riverview Community Bank ("Bank"), today reported that net income increased to $1.8 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, for the first fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2010, compared to $343,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, for the first quarter a year ago. Riverview's results for the quarter were highlighted by improvements in net interest margin, deposit growth, increasing capital levels and improved credit metrics.
"We are extremely pleased by the positive results of our first fiscal quarter," said Pat Sheaffer, Chairman and CEO. "We have seen improvements across all areas of the bank during the first quarter and we continue to benefit from our strong core earnings and improving asset quality. Our net interest income and non-interest income both increased while our provision for loan losses and non-interest expenses decreased compared to the preceding quarter. Our non-performing assets declined for the second consecutive quarter and remain at a manageable level."
First Quarter Fiscal 2011 Highlights (at or for the period ended June 30, 2010)
- Net income of $1.8 million, or $0.16 per diluted share.
- Capital levels remain strong - total risk-based capital ratio is 12.61%, significantly above the "well-capitalized" designation.
- Net interest margin improved 25 basis points to 4.79% compared to the preceding quarter.
- Non-performing assets decreased to 5.54% of total assets at June 30, 2010, compared to 5.89% of total assets at March 31, 2010, the second consecutive quarter of declining balances.
- Allowance for loan losses was 2.73% of total loans and 59.37% of non-performing loans.
- Total deposits increased $27.5 million during the quarter.
- Reduced concentration in land development and speculative construction loans by $9.0 million during the quarter. These two segments accounted for 13.4% of the total loan portfolio at June 30, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV