NBTY To Be Bought by Carlyle for $3.8B
Updated from 5:06 a.m
NBTY has a market cap of $2.4 billion and annual revenue of about $2.6 billion. The shares closed Wednesday at $37.47.
In a statement Thursday, NBTY said the value of the deal is a premium of about 57% over the stock's average closing price during the 30 trading days to Wednesday. >P/>The news confirms published reports earlier that Carlyle and Blackstone (BX) were eyeing NBTY.NBTY sells products under brands Solgar, Rexall and MET-Rx. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV