NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The second quarter of 2010 was a tough one to stomach for many. However, for income and value investors, this stretch of market turmoil has provided a great opportunity to take advantage of low priced companies boasting high yields.
In many cases, the best way to gain access to income is through picking individual companies. However, ETFs provide the added diversification which is essential to protecting against the volatile market swings we have witnessed in recent months.
Currently, three popular sectors to watch when seeking out high yields are pharmaceuticals, energy, and technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV