By Jeff Reeves of
Commodity stocks, specifically crude oil investments and agriculture stocks, are in focus right now. If the global economy is to keep growing, industrial consumers from Shanghai to Shreveport will need to buy raw materials. That means commodity investments could be very profitable in the next few months if economic indicators point upwards. Then again, crude oil prices have withdrawn a bit lately and some are afraid calls of a rebound are overdone -- and that we are due for another retest.
So what's the story with commodity stocks? A few of our top InvestorPlace experts weigh in with their favorite companies in a variety of commodity-related industries from timber to crude oil to agriculture.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV