Markets have been fluctuating as investors digest Intel's blowout earnings on Tuesday and weaker-than-expected retail sales data that came out today. Shares of JP Morgan are down 0.6%, while Wells Fargo (WFC) and Goldman Sachs (GS) are down 1.3% and 1% respectively.
The Financial Sector SPDR ETF (XLF) is down about 1%. Earlier this morning, the Mortgage Bankers Association said mortgage loan-application volume dropped 2.9% last week.
The biggest losers within the category are regional banking ETFs. KBW Regional Banking ETF (KRE) is down 1.9%. Its holdings include Bank of Hawaii (BOH), down 0.7%, and CVB Financial (CVBF), down 3.2%.Retail and consumer discretionary ETFs were lower following weak retail sales data. The Consumer Discretionary Sector SPDR (XLY) shed 0.8% while the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT) is down 0.9%. Intel (INTC) continues to lead tech stocks and ETFs higher. PowerShares Dynamic Technology (PTF) is a prominent gainer, led by the rally in Cisco (CSCO) and VMWare (VMW) among others. --Reported by Shanthi Venkataraman in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV