PT's SEGway™ Signaling Solutions Offer Top Efficiency For Union Telephone's Network Migration
ROCHESTER, N.Y., July 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- PT (Nasdaq: PTIX), the recently rebranded Performance Technologies, a leading global provider of advanced network communications solutions, today announced that its SEGway™ Signaling Solution with Point Code Emulation™ (PCE) was chosen as a pivotal piece of Union Telephone's network evolution. Historic Union Telephone serves the Rocky Mountain region.
Union Telephone combines old world ethics with a sophisticated business model, promising to deliver the utmost value to its subscribers. To meet that commitment, Union deployed the high performance SEGway signaling solution, providing SigTran capability. This IP functionality surpasses traditional circuit-switched platforms by affording any-to-any connectivity as well as considerably higher bandwidth over a single connection. Unlike other systems, the SEGway Signaling System supports SigTran without additional cards, conserving cost and space. The added functionality of PCE allows Union Telephone to cap costs by growing their network using fewer point codes. They may also expand and reconfigure their network transparently, eliminating inter-carrier dependencies.
"PT has hit the mark with their alignment of next-generation network elements," said George Ehlers, central operations director at Union Telephone. "That's the sort of progressive approach we look for in a supplier, someone we can partner with for the future."
"PT is known for innovation, but not just for innovation's sake," said Patt Rice, senior vice president of Sales, Marketing, and Service at PT. "We keep our ear to the ground, listening to customers and to industry trends. We are strategically positioned to furnish state-of-the-art solutions in the evolution of next-generation networks. We welcome Union Telephone as a PT SEGway customer."SEGway Signaling Solutions result in greater network efficiencies than legacy systems because they occupy less footprint space, consume less power, and require a lower upfront capital investment. Online Resources Telecommunications system architects and carrier network engineers needing advanced, signaling and next-generation telecom solutions can learn more about PT's SEGway and Xpress™ offerings by accessing the following online resources:
- SEGway Carrier Solutions: http://www.pt.com/page/carriers
- SEGway Signaling Solutions: http://www.pt.com/page/segway
- SEGway Point Code Emulation: http://www.pt.com/page/segway/point-code-emulation
- Xpress™ Next Generation Applications: http://www.pt.com/page/xpress
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV