Company: Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (CYCC)
Drug/indication: Seliciclib for non-small cell lung cancer
Expected timing: Before year's endRecent stock performance: At around $1.50, the stock has been cut in half from the $3 level reached in January. Last January, investors bid up shares of Cyclacel on the publication of research demonstrating that seliciclib was effective against certain lung cancer cells -- in a petri dish. Some of that investor excitement for the stock has ebbed in the subsequent seven months, but could be rekindled if Cyclacel posts positive results from this phase II study in non-small cell lung cancer patients. The phase II study is somewhat unique because it uses a follows a "randomized discontinuation" design that was most famously used to test the initial efficacy of Onyx Pharmaceutical's cancer drug Nexavar. In this case, all lung cancer patients are first treated with seliciclib for six weeks. Patients whose tumors remain stable at a minimum after this run-in treatment phase are then randomized to continue treatment with seliciclib or receive best supportive care. The study's primary endpoint is progression-free survival measured in the randomized portion of the study.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV