Company: Corcept Therapeutics (CORT)
Drug/indication: Corlux for Cushing's syndrome
Estimated timing: Fourth quarterRecent stock performance: Up more than 20% for the year. Cushing's syndrome is a rare disease in which patients suffer from high blood pressure, elevated blood sugar and/or diabetes and other symptoms because of exposure to high levels of the "stress hormone" cortisol. Corcept enrolled 50 Cushing's patients in its pivotal, phase III study in which all patients are being treated with Corlux for 24 weeks. The primary endpoint of the study is improvement in glucose tolerance or a decrease in diastolic blood pressure relative to baseline. The active ingredient in Corlux is mifepristone, also known as the abortion drug RU-486.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV