PowerShares Dynamic Semiconductor (PSI), which tracks the Dynamic Semiconductor Intellidex of 30 chipmaker companies, was a prominent leader in Tuesday morning action with a gain of 3.2%. The SPDR S&P Semiconductors (XSD) gained 2%.
Banking stocks gained on hopes that the financial regulatory bill will pass in the senate after two more Republican senators said they would back the legislation. The Regional Bank HOLDRS (RKH) gained 2.8%. The ETF has concentrated investments in JP Morgan (JPM) and Wells Fargo (WFC), both of which moved in lockstep on Tuesday to end higher by 3.2%.The United States Oil Fund (USO) surged 2.8%, as oil prices climbed past $77 on Tuesday. Energy sector funds such as SPDR Energy (XLE) also gained after Chevron (CVX) said it would beat earnings estimates, boosting interest in oil stocks. -Reported by Shanthi Venkataraman in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV