Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Investigates Possible Breach Of Fiduciary Duty By The Board Of AP Capital - ACAP
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading New York securities firm, is investigating the Board of Directors of American Physicians Capital Inc. (“AP Capital” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: ACAP) for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law in connection with their attempt to sell the Company to The Doctors Company. Under the terms of the transaction, AP Capital shareholders will only receive $41.50 in cash for each AP Capital share of common stock they own for a total transaction value of approximately $386 million.
The investigation concerns whether the AP Capital Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties to AP Capital stockholders by failing to adequately shop the Company before entering into this transaction and whether the transaction undervalues the Company to the detriment of AP Capital stockholders.
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP is a national law firm which represents investors and individuals in class action litigation. The firm is focused on providing exemplary legal services in complex litigation in the areas of securities, shareholder, antitrust and consumer litigation, through all phases of litigation. The firm has an experienced trial team which has achieved significant victories on behalf of the firm’s clients.
If you own common stock in AP Capital and wish to obtain additional information, please visit us at http://www.faruqilaw.com/merger.php or contact Juan E. Monteverde, Esq. either via email at email@example.com or by telephone at (877) 247-4292 or (212) 983-9330.Attorney Advertising. (C) 2010 Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP ( www.faruqilaw.com). Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter. We are happy to discuss your particular case.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV