Instead, he's going after banks in the Garden State. In discussing last week's investment by his firm W.L. Ross & Co. in Sun Bancorp (SNBC) of Vineland, N.J., Ross told The New York Times that this deal could be his first of many in the state.
"The next 18 banks in size after this one, together, have around $5 billion in deposits, and there's another 100-some-odd banks that, in total, have $40 billion in deposits," Ross said in the NYT article. "That's just way too many banks for one state to have."
In light of Ross's stated agenda, TheStreet decided to poke around the Garden State Parkway's many exits and try to pinpoint some attractive targets, large and small.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV