NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- J&J's (JNJ) most recent Tylenol and over-the-counter drug recall has been one of the hottest topics on the Internet after the company said that 2.5 million bottles could be affected by it.
Johnson & Johnson has been expanding its recall of OTC medicines including Tylenol, Motrin and Benadryl on Thursday and June 15 mainly due to a "musty or moldy odor."
"We shipped approximately 2.5 million bottles of the affected lots involved in yesterday's recall," said a company spokeswoman after widespread complaints about the company's lack of transparency about the latest recall, Reuters reported on Friday.
Thursday's recall includes certain versions of Children's Tylenol, adult-strength Benadryl, Motrin IB, Tylenol Extra Strength, Tylenol Day & Night and Tylenol PM. The affected medicines were sold in America, Puerto Rico, Fiji, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, and Jamaica.This is the fifth recall in nine months for J&J's McNeil Consumer Healthcare division, which had earlier declined to quantify the bottles of medicine included in the new recall. To date, the company has recalled at least 53 million bottles of popular over the counter medicine due to strange odors. J&J stock has edged 0.1% lower to $60.487 one hour into Monday's regular trading session, in contrast with the broader equities which has been edging higher.
|McNeil Recall Information McNeil Product Recall Details|
Stockpickr.com. Follow Andrea Tse on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV