The drama was heated after the bell Tuesday as Willard and Moritz squared off on Intel and networking gearmaker Adtran. Moritz was $4,000 short on the two stocks. And collectively, Willard staked $8,000 of his $10,000 total pretend allocation on the long side.
Willard saw Adtran as part of "a major spend cycle to build up the wireless networks you use for your iPad, iPhones, Androids, Blackberrys and wireless cards."
The big beat-and-raise performance from Intel and Adtran pushed the shares up 6% early Wednesday, giving Willard a solid opening day for his five stock portfolio.For TheStreet's Moritz, it was a shot to the chin. Moritz went short Intel on the hunch that weakness in Europe would put a hole in the numbers. Moritz had $2,000 of his fake money on the bet. At the market open Wednesday, Willard's portfolio was up 6% and fittingly Moritz was 6% in the hole.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV