No. 3: Twitter
Finally, a written medium to fit our attention span. With 140 characters available per Tweet, Twitter is molding a nation of concise writers who have to nail a headline -- or get straight to the point -- while supplying a story link to followers.
Twitter's micro-blogging service speaks to the masses. It also fields some 800 search requests a day from users, according to co-founder Biz Stone. Location aware applications of Twitter are no doubt in the works and news outlets are only just beginning to get Tweets to news hounds.
Ideally suited for mobile devices and a growing force in Internet search, Twitter, with more than 75 million users, has just the sort of sugary buzz that IPO fans crave.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV