NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tech investors have been sorting through some seriously stale inventory lately.
The market, outside the Apple (AAPL) aisle, is lined with shelves of picked-over dregs. Intel (INTC), EMC (EMC) Oracle (ORCL), IBM (IBM)... How's a stock buyer expected to get excited about a bunch of moldy names that have outlived their expiration dates?
What happened to the fruit of Silicon Valley's lush fields of innovation? Where are those garage-conceived varietals, carefully nurtured by venture capitalist, hand-picked by investment bankers and trucked by special delivery to Wall Street?
For the past three years, big tech companies like Apple, Microsoft (MSFT), Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) and Cisco (CSCO) have taken the fun out of the game. Content to grow revenue, squeeze costs, hoard cash and crush competitors, the hunkering giants have flattened the once-vibrant tech sector.
But judging by a list of companies registered to go IPO in the coming months, there seems to be nothing tasty in the pipeline for investors with an appetite for new equity issues.Wall Street needs a new crop of hearty growth stocks, something big and juicy like a new Google (GOOG) or maybe a crisp young Apple. Here are five private tech companies that investors would love to sink their teeth into.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV