Ford stock has inched up 0.9% to $10.71 Friday morning. Meanwhile, Toyota (TM) American Depository Receipts have fallen 0.3% to $70.97.
The recalls have come after Toyota announces more global recalls last week.
There have been
a spate of vehicle recalls in 2010 as the NHTSA comes under immense pressure --- following widespread criticism of the agency for not coming down hard enough and earlier enough on Toyota for its safety problems -- to pressure automakers to address vehicle problems with recalls rather than more subtler approaches.
Click here for more on the largest U.S. auto recalls this year
Click here for more on Toyota's latest Lexus recalls
Stockpickr.com. Follow Andrea Tse on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV