7. E-TRACS UBS Alerian MLP Infrastructure ETN (MLPI)One of the hottest corners of the ETF industry has been the MLP space, as evidenced by both cash inflow stats and an abundance of recent product launches. MLPI was launched at the end of the first quarter, and took in more than $42 million during the next three months.
6. Credit Suisse Cushing 30 MLP ETN (MLPN)Demonstrating the impressive interest in the MLP asset class, another ETN offering exposure to this sector comes in just ahead of MLPI. This ETN, which tracks the Cushing 30 MLP Index, launched in April. By the end of June, cash inflows stood at an impressive $45 million.
5. Schwab Emerging Markets ETF (SCHE)Schwab's ETF platform remains relatively small, but the firm has made plenty of noise in the ETF industry since its entrance in late 2009. Schwab recently slashed the expense ratio on its emerging markets ETF to 0.25%, making SCHE the cheapest in its ETFdb Category. So far, investors have gravitated toward this low-cost option; since inception in January, cash inflows have topped $100 million.
4. PowerShares CEF Income Composite (PCEF)Some covering the industry scoffed at the idea of an ETF consisting of closed-end funds, but PCEF's hot start demonstrates that there is clearly interest in the asset class. In an environment where interest rates are expected to remain near zero for the foreseeable future, PCEF's juicy current return stands out. Since its launch in February, PCEF has seen inflows of about $100 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV