American Physicians Capital, Inc. To Discontinue Quarterly Cash Dividend And Share Repurchase Program
American Physicians Capital, Inc. (APCapital) (NASDAQ:ACAP) announced yesterday in a press release that it has entered into a definitive agreement pursuant to which The Doctors Company will acquire APCapital for $41.50 per share in cash. The press release and the definitive merger agreement were filed with the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission as exhibits to APCapital’s Form 8-K. The terms of the merger agreement prohibit APCapital from paying dividends or repurchasing its shares without the prior consent of The Doctors Company. APCapital currently does not intend to seek permission to pay any further cash dividends to its shareholders or to continue its share repurchase program.
About American Physicians Capital Inc.
American Physicians Capital, Inc. is a regional provider of medical professional liability insurance focused primarily in the Midwest and New Mexico markets through American Physicians Assurance Corporation and its other subsidiaries. Further information about the companies is available on the Internet at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV