Kendall Law Group Investigates American Physicians Capital Inc. Acquisition For Shareholders
Kendall Law Group, a national securities firm led by a former federal judge and a former U.S. Attorney, is investigating American Physicians Capital Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAP) for shareholders in connection with the proposed acquisition by The Doctors Company, the largest national insurer of physician and surgeon medical liability. The firm’s investigation seeks to determine whether APCapital and its Board breached their fiduciary duties by entering into the agreement without properly shopping for a deal that would provide better value for shareholders. If you are an APCapital shareholder and would like additional information about your rights, contact the Kendall Law Group at 877-744-3728 or by email at email@example.com.
On July 8, 2010, the companies announced that they had entered into an agreement for APCapital to be acquired by The Doctors Company in a transaction valued at approximately $386 million. Under the terms of the agreement, APCapital shareholders will receive $41.50 for each share of common stock held in an all-cash transaction. APCaptial Director Joseph Stillwell has significant personal interest in the transaction, as he held 1,191,964 shares (12.52% of all outstanding shares) as of March 31, 2010.
Kendall Law Group was founded by a former federal judge, includes a
former United States Attorney, prosecutors and securities lawyers who
are experienced in complex securities litigation. The firm has been
counsel in numerous merger and acquisition cases nationwide, including
some of the largest transactions in the United States.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV