LeBron James to Play for the Miami Heat
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- LeBron James announced on Thursday night that he will sign to play with the Miami Heat, where he will team with Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh on a team that instantly becomes the odds-on favorite to win the NBA Title in 2011.
"This fall, I'm going to take my talents to South Beach, and join the Miami Heat," James said.
James announced his decision from the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, Connecticut, in an hour-long special called "The Decision," starting at 9 p.m., which was devoted to James' decision.During the show, James said that he made the ultimate decision Thursday morning, and that the decision was made during a conversation with his mother. "This was tough," James said. "It was a tough decision.... And the one thing my mother told me was, 'You have to do what's best for you.' Once I heard that from my mother, the person who I always looked to for guidance, it was easy." James played with the Cleveland Cavaliers for the first seven years of his career, where he twice won the NBA Most Valuable Player award. -- Written by Ty Wenger from New York Follow Theresa McCabe on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV