Havertys Reports Sales For Second Quarter
HAVERTY FURNITURE COMPANIES, INC. (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) today reported sales for the quarter ended June 30, 2010.
Havertys' sales for the second quarter 2010 increased 11.9% to $145.1 million, compared with $129.7 million for the second quarter of 2009. On a comparable store basis, sales for the quarter increased 13.2%. Comparable-store sales do not include locations opened, closed or otherwise non-comparable during the last 12 months. Sales for the first six months of 2010 totaled $301.1 million, compared with $273.9 million in 2009, representing an increase of 9.9%. On a comparable store basis, sales increased 11.6% for the first six months.
Written sales for the second quarter 2010 increased 9.4% over the same quarter last year. The month of May had the greatest improvement and June was up by a low single digit percent.
|Sales in Millions (unaudited)||Total Sales||Comparable Store Sales|
|2010||2009||% Change||% Change|
Clarence H. Smith, president and chief executive officer, said, “The second quarter is historically our weakest of the year. Our advertising focus on great merchandise values and our ability to timely deliver customer purchases continued to bolster sales and separates us from the competition. Consumers remain cautious and we expect their spending will mirror the uneven pace of the economic recovery and our sales will reflect that volatility.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV