Penford Reports Financial Results
Penford Corporation (Nasdaq:PENX), a leader in renewable, natural-based ingredient systems for industrial and food applications, today reported that consolidated sales for the quarter ended May 31, 2010 were $61.9 million compared with $61.3 million a year ago. Diluted loss per share, including discontinued operations, was $0.51. Net loss from continuing operations was $5.8 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $4.3 million, or $0.39 per diluted share last year. A table summarizing third quarter results from continuing operations is shown below:
|Penford Corporation – Financial Highlights||Quarter Ended|
|(In thousands except per share data)||5/31/10||5/31/09||% Change|
|Net Loss from continuing operations||(5,758||)||(4,343||)||(33||)%|
|Diluted loss per share – continuing operations||$||(0.49||)||$||(0.39||)||26||%|
|Diluted loss per share – discontinued operations||$||(0.02||)||$||(0.27||)||93||%|
|Diluted loss per share||$||(0.51||)||$||(0.66||)||23||%|
|(1) Includes $1.1 million of net insurance recoveries in the quarter ended 5/31/09|
Third Fiscal Quarter Consolidated Financial Results
Food Ingredients Third Quarter Results
Industrial Ingredients Third Quarter Results
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV