BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Stocks have been swinging wildly this year after rallying in 2009, bewildering investors who've been hoping for a steady recovery.
Amid the chaos, there have been some standouts this year, especially among small banks and food companies. Here are the 10 best-performing S&P 500 stocks so far in 2010. The shares are ordered by performance, from the smallest to biggest return.
10. Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) has advanced 33% in 2010 and 71% during the past 12 months. First-quarter profit tumbled 33% to $89 million, or 35 cents, as revenue declined 1%. The operating margin remained steady at 16%, lagging the tallies of beverage titans Coca-Cola (KO) and Pepsi (PEP). Dr Pepper Snapple Group trades at a price-to-sales ratio of 1.7 and a price-to-cash-flow ratio of 5.7, 44% and 53% discounts to industry averages.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV