ParagonRx Names William L. Holden To Lead Pharmaceutical Safety Strategies
ParagonRx, an inVentiv Health, Inc. company (Nasdaq: VTIV) and a leading consulting company specializing in pharmaceutical risk management and optimizing medication, has named William L. (Billy) Holden as chief safety officer. Holden has almost 20 years experience working at top levels for major drug companies in the areas of pharmacoepidemiology, signal detection and risk management.
“We are expanding the services we offer to clients who need risk mitigation services,” says Jeffrey Fetterman, president of ParagonRx. “Accordingly, Billy will lead our new safety strategy capabilities to detect and characterize safety concerns that may ultimately require the risk mitigation ParagonRx already provides.”
Holden, who holds a doctorate in epidemiology plus related degrees from Yale University and a bachelors (languages and biochemistry) and a masters (epidemiology) from Columbia University, began his career in occupational medicine and has subsequently held top positions at Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Glaxo SmithKline, Sanofi Aventis, Novartis and, most recently, as head of pharmacoepidemiology and benefit risk management for Vertex.
“ParagonRx is a leader in designing and implementing programs for risk management and for FDA-mandated Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies or REMS,” Holden says. “I look forward to working with them, as epidemiology is the foundation science for all risk management strategies.”ParagonRx is headquartered in Wilmington, DE., with pharmaceutical and biological clients worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV