Suncor Plans 2nd-half Rise In Oil Sands Production
The Associated Press
Suncor Energy Inc. said it expects 2010 oil sands production to average 280,000 barrels per day, which would be substantially higher than it has achieved so far this year.
The Canadian-based company said its production of oil sands â¿¿ a tar-like bitumen that is extracted using mining techniques â¿¿ averaged 247,000 barrels per day (bpd) in June and has averaged 249,000 bpd so far this year.
Suncor said in the update on Tuesday that the prediction for 2010 production could be higher or lower by 5 percent.It also said that planned maintenance on its second upgrader began on May 17 and was finished on schedule. It said the unit has now returned to normal rates. Its shares rose 66 cents, or 2.3 percent, to $30.23 in morning trading Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV