Oil & Gas
While most oil majors have been cutting back on exploration and development, Petrobras has laid their capital expenditure plans until 2013 ensuring that the company will grow faster than the industry average. In addition, the company has an expertise in deep water drilling rigs providing a competitive edge and is among the lowest cost oil producers in the world. The outlook for the stock remains robust.
TelecomBrazil's Telecom industry will continue to enjoy outstanding growth in the mobile and broadband markets. However, local fixed-line telephone segment will likely stagnate despite the low tele-density. Hence, fixed line and mobile phone operators, Brasil Telecom (BTM), Tele Norte Leste Participacoes (TNE) and Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo (TSP) will likely underperform pure mobile service providers TIM Participacoes (TSU) and Vivo Participacoes (VIV). On Wednesday, Telefonica (TEF) raised its bid to $8.72 billion to buy Portugal Telecom's (PT) stake in Vivo. Telefonica and Portual Telecom each own 50% stake in Brasicel, which in turn owns 60% in Vivo. The huge disparity between the rich and the poor will likely be more evident in the telecom sector. The rich continue holding multiple mobile connections while a number of Brazil households cannot afford to have any kind of telecom service. Buoyant economy and government sponsored schemes will help the poor to come out of the poverty, thereby supporting the growth of telecom sector in the long run.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV