NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets managed to end in the black Tuesday after earlier gains were pared.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 57.14, or 0.59%, to 9,743.62, while the S&P 500 added 5.48, or 0.54%, to 1,028.06. The Nasdaq added 2.09, or 0.10%, to 2,093.88.
Pete Najarian said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that investors should keep an eye on the volatility index, which he says will be rising.
Tim Seymour said he was encouraged by the market's ability to bounce back after an Institute of Supply Management report that was weaker than expected.Anthony Scaramucci said he expects the market will do well in the back half of the year after digesting a wave of bad news. He said he was impressed with the price action in Europe and the fundamentals of companies. For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV