Torm (TRMD). This transportation company owns and operates product tankers and dry bulk carriers, with the fleet of vessels under its control numbering around 140. So far, 2010 has been a disappointing year for Torm, with its shares sinking below average market earnings. Since May 1, TRMD numbers have taken a 28% dive, with the company missing the mark on estimates for three of the past four earnings reports.
Nordic American Tanker Shipping (NAT). This international tanker company, based in Bermuda, operates a fleet of 20 double-hull crude oil tankers in the spot market, on time charters, and on bareboat charters. With its profit margins down this year, NAT's stock has been on a rollercoaster ride with shares down 11.5% since the beginning of May.
Tesoro (TSO). The Texas-based petroleum refining and marketing company has seen a similar fate to that of NAT, with a slumping market performance for the first half of 2010. Closing the past two quarters below earnings estimates, Tesoro has watched its shares slide down 16.9% since May 1.
ENI (E). With operations in 77 countries, Eni is in the business of oil and gas, power generation, and petrochemicals among other things. Coming in just under Wall Street estimates for three of the past four earnings reports, the Italian company's shares are down 15.3% in just the past two months.Total (TOT). This international oil and gas company operates in more than 130 countries worldwide and engages in numerous operations within the petroleum industry. I have been ranking Total as a stock to sell for some time, as recently as last week. That's because TOT is finding it difficult to buck the trend of poor earnings for oil stocks in 2010. Its shares have lost value along with the others since the start of May, seeing a 15.7% loss during that period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV