LCA-Vision Sees 15 Pct Drop In 2Q Procedures
CINCINNATI (AP) â¿¿ LCA-Vision Inc., which operates laser vision surgery centers, said Tuesday that 15 percent fewer Lasik procedures were performed in the second quarter compared with the same time last year when the company operated more sites.
The economic downturn has hit the company hard, leading to sharp declines in procedure volume as high unemployment has meant fewer people have the funds for elective surgery. LCA-Vision has closed centers over the last year to save money.
The Cincinnati company said a total of 15,266 procedures were performed in the second quarter across its 62 vision centers in 29 states. That's down from 17,864 procedures in the year-ago period, when it operated 71 vision centers.
Procedures at locations open at least a year dropped 5 percent from 16,144 a year ago.The company will release its full second-quarter results on July 27.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV