NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Toyota (TM) has suffered yet another blow to its already fragile reputation with the announcement of engine problems potentially affecting hundreds of thousands of Lexus cars worldwide.
A day after announcing a year-on-year improvement in June sales, Toyota announced on Friday a recall of about 138,000 Lexus vehicles in the U.S. It's also recalling 90,000 Lexus and Toyota Crown vehicles in Japan.
According to a U.S. Toyota spokesman, appropriate action will also be taken in other markets due to the engine problems, including:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV