How to Create a Web Site That Sells
"Consumers are in a rush on the Web," John Nicholson, a managing partner at Marketade, explains. "Getting cute with your language may seem like a good idea, but it rarely works, given the reality of online consumer behavior."
Offer a way to accept payments: Google and Paypal offer ways for small business owners to accept credit card payments, which can be easily integrated into most Web sites. Keep in mind that both take a small percentage of the sales made through their services, similar to other credit card transaction providers.
Update the site regularly: This means that owners employing a Web designer will need to make sure that the designer is regularly available to access the site and make changes whenever necessary. Those maintaining a site on their own should plan to spend ample time at the computer.
"Once you launch your Web site, you are not finished," Bob Destefano, an online marketing strategist, says. "Websites are never finished. They need to continually evolve to improve their value to the customer."Want some more marketing advice? Check out MainStreet's article 4 Small Biz Marketing Mistakes to learn what no to do when launching your small business. -- Written by Jeanine Skowronski at MainStreet in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV