How to Create a Web Site That Sells
"Consumers are in a rush on the Web," John Nicholson, a managing partner at Marketade, explains. "Getting cute with your language may seem like a good idea, but it rarely works, given the reality of online consumer behavior."
Offer a way to accept payments: Google and Paypal offer ways for small business owners to accept credit card payments, which can be easily integrated into most Web sites. Keep in mind that both take a small percentage of the sales made through their services, similar to other credit card transaction providers.
Update the site regularly: This means that owners employing a Web designer will need to make sure that the designer is regularly available to access the site and make changes whenever necessary. Those maintaining a site on their own should plan to spend ample time at the computer.
"Once you launch your Web site, you are not finished," Bob Destefano, an online marketing strategist, says. "Websites are never finished. They need to continually evolve to improve their value to the customer."Want some more marketing advice? Check out MainStreet's article 4 Small Biz Marketing Mistakes to learn what no to do when launching your small business. -- Written by Jeanine Skowronski at MainStreet in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV