NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "The game may sometimes feel rigged, but you can protect yourself from being taken advantage of," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show as he welcomed them to "Cramer's Stock Market Survival School" for investors and home gamers.
Cramer said despite the inherit conflicts of interest on Wall Street, and the occasional bad apple, stocks still remain the best way to make money over the long term. He said since 1926, 40% of the S&P 500's total return has come from dividends, which is why he continued to recommend high-yielding dividend stocks.
Dividend Stock Picks
7 Dow Dividend Stocks Safer Than T-Notes
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV