Blockbuster Stock Trading Halted
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Blockbuster (BBI) stock trading is being halted by the New York Stock Exchange after the company said it was unable to approve a recapitalization plan that was necessary to comply with listing requirements.
Blockbuster announced in a Securities and Exchange filing that shareholders did not approve a plan to combine the company's Class A and Class B common stock or the option for a reverse stock split.
Management previously assumed that it had secured the necessary votes during its annual meeting last week, but the final count showed otherwise.
Before the annual meeting Blockbuster said that it reached an agreement with the NYSE that would allow it to continue trading for another year.The movie rental retailer also has $42 million in debt payment due today, according to The Dallas Morning News, and CEO Jim Keyes' three-year contract is set to expire this week. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV