Newcastle Investment (NCT) fell by 19 cents, or 7.1%, to $2.49 in Wednesday's after-hours session after the company said it will not pay a second-quarter dividend to common stock and preferred stock shareholders, electing instead to retain the capital for liquidity, investment and working capital purposes. The three-month average daily volume for Newcastle Investment is 800,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Christopher & Banks (CBK) gained 31 cents, or 5%, to $6.50 after the close of trading Wednesday as the retailer reported a first-quarter profit of 18 cents a share on sales of $126.2 million, compared with analysts' estimates for earnings of 12 cents a share on revenue of $128 million. The three-month average daily volume for Christopher & Banks is 281,000.
-- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV