Altman Z-Score, Trailing 12 Months: 2.71
Altman Z-Score 2009: 2.23
Build-A-Bear Workshop (BBW) swung back into profit in its first quarter, earning $1.7 million, compared with a loss of $826,000 in the prior year. It also posted a 4% jump in revenue to $101.4 million.While the company attributed the gains to the later Easter holiday, it is also making headway with some new initiatives. In February, Build-A-Bear signed a licensing agreement with A Squared, to expand its offerings to DVDs, accessories, apparel, books and other branded merchandise. It also began selling the popular Zhu Zhu Pets. The board also approved an extension of its $50 million share repurchase program through March 2011. Build-A-Bear ended its first quarter with about 345 stores in North America and Europe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV