MSC Industrial said it has increased its quarterly dividend to 22 cents per share from 20 cents, boosting its dividend yield to 1.75% from 1.59%. The new dividend is payable on July 27 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 13, the company said.
The dividend announcement comes one day before MSC Industrial reports fiscal third-quarter earnings results. Analysts expect the company to report a quarterly profit of 66 cents a share on revenue of $444.7 million, according to Thomson Reuters.
Shares of MSC Industrial were higher by 64 cents, or 1.3%, to $50.97 in Wednesday's premarket session. The stock is up more than 7% in 2010 and 44% over the last 12 months.In other dividend news, Williams Controls (WMCO) said its board of directors has declared a cash dividend of $1 per share. The dividend will be payable on July 28 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 14, although the electronic sensors maker said it has not yet determined whether the distribution would be taxable as a dividend or be treated as a return of capital. Shares of Williams Controls closed Tuesday at $8.40. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV