Viaero Wireless Selects PT's SEGwayâ¿¢ IP Signaling Solution
ROCHESTER, N.Y., June 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- PT (Nasdaq: PTIX), the recently rebranded Performance Technologies, a leading global provider of advanced network communications solutions, today announced that its SEGway™ Signaling Solutions have been selected by Viaero Wireless to provide essential IP functionality in their network, which serves the rural Colorado and Nebraska markets, with nationwide coast-to-coast coverage in North America, including Canada and Mexico.
Viaero is upgrading their network using the SEGway IP Signaling Solution as a key component of their evolution to Next-Generation services. As carriers grow and replace traditional circuit-switched SS7 networks, IP is the preferred signaling infrastructure since it scales to meet the requirements of increasing traffic demands.
"Viaero promises its customers superior coverage and access anytime. Such a serious commitment means we must deploy proven products throughout our network," said Dan Meininger, network operations manager at Viaero Wireless. "The SEGway platform with its strong IP foundation was key to our IP conversion as we undertook the upgrading of all Viaero's switching and service platforms. The enhanced network performance enables Viaero to continue providing next-generation mobile services, as we maintain our competitive edge, both for today and into the future."
IP-based signaling offers distinct advantages over traditional signaling channels; SigTran associations/links are capable of delivering much greater bandwidth on a single connection than either a 56kb/64kb channel or 1.54Mb ATM/HSL link. In addition, it offers complete flexibility of interfaces from M2PA and M2UA to SigTran protocols, M3UA and SUA."PT's solutions have always been developed using an IP backbone, making them unique in the industry. Our 'IP-native' innovation, combined with our seasoned team of experts, gives PT a laser focus on creating exactly the right product for the competitive landscape of wireless networks," said Patt Rice, senior vice president of Sales, Marketing, and Service at PT. "We are happy to add Viaero Wireless to our ever growing customer list." Online Resources Telecommunications system architects and carrier network engineers needing advanced, signaling and next-generation telecom solutions can learn more about PT's SEGway and Xpress™ offerings by accessing the following online resources:
- SEGway Signaling Solutions: http://www.pt.com/page/segway
- Using SEGway SigTran to migrate to IP: http://www.pt.com/page/segway/sigtran
- Xpress Next Generation Applications: http://www.pt.com/page/xpress
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV