Speaking at the company's Cisco Live event this afternoon, Cisco CEO John Chambers explained that the tablet will combine high-definition voice and video with telepresence, a form of high-end videoconferencing. "Video is the new voice," he said. "If a picture is worth a thousand words, a multimedia video is worth a million words."
The Cius comes with both front-facing and rear-facing cameras and offers customers the ability to produce, edit and share cloud-based content. The tablet also supports Cisco's various communications products such as WebEx and Quad, a form of business collaboration technology. Security is provided by Cisco's AnyConnect Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV