BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Fourth of July festivities usually lead travelers down two routes: the obvious and the obscure. This is a good year for both.
With major cities like Chicago cutting back on Fourth of July fireworks displays and Detroit and corporate partner Target (TGT) holding fireworks any day but the fourth, holiday travelers are torn.
Do they attend big-budget blowouts sponsored by Macy's (M), Liberty Mutual or Bank of America (BAC) with millions of their closest friends or smaller events that enjoy steady, if not always substantial or even stateside, support?
With the patience of a station-wagon driver who's endured nearly 1,776 recitations of "are we there yet?" TheStreet has put together a list of familiar and far-flung festivities. Here are 10 Independence Day destinations that range from the nation's biggest birthday party to a friendly little picnic:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV