NEW YORK (
(K) announced Friday that it's working with the FDA on a nationwide recall of 28 million boxes of several of its breakfast cereals due to a strange smell and flavor coming from the package lining.
Included in the recall are Kellogg's Apple Jacks, Corn Pops and Froot Loops.
The company said that potential, serious health problems as a result of the strange taste and odor are low, but that some consumers may be sensitive to them, experiencing temporary nausea and diarrhea symptoms.
Only products with the letters "KN" following the "Better If Used Before Date" are included in the recall. Products with the letters "KM" are not included in the recalls. Furthermore, Kellogg breakfast cereals products being sold in Canada haven't been affected by the recall.The recall is affecting ... Kellogg's Apple Jacks:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV