NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Kellogg (K) announced Friday that it's working with the FDA on a nationwide recall of 28 million boxes of several of its breakfast cereals due to a strange smell and flavor coming from the package lining.
Included in the recall are Kellogg's Apple Jacks, Corn Pops and Froot Loops.
The company said that potential, serious health problems as a result of the strange taste and odor are low, but that some consumers may be sensitive to them, experiencing temporary nausea and diarrhea symptoms.
Only products with the letters "KN" following the "Better If Used Before Date" are included in the recall. Products with the letters "KM" are not included in the recalls. Furthermore, Kellogg breakfast cereals products being sold in Canada haven't been affected by the recall.The recall is affecting ... Kellogg's Apple Jacks:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV