The Brazilian economy grew the fastest during the first quarter, in recent years. The Brazil Bovespa Index, which declined 6.4% year to date, gained momentum boosted by the country's infrastructure plans and the mining resources the country holds.
Several undervalued Brazilian stocks may gain momentum during the second half of the year. U.S. listed Brasil Telecom (BTM), Tele Norte Leste (TNE), Companhia de Saneamento Basico (SBS), Vale (VALE), and Petrobras (PBR) are currently trading at attractive P/E ratios of 5.2, 6.0, 8.2, 8.2, and 9.1, respectively.
Chile's IPSA Index gained 15.1%, the most year to date. Mexico's IPC Index gained close to 1.4%, while Argentina's Marvel Index declined around 1.2%.
In the Middle East, Dubai's DFM General Index shed around 17.4% year to date and offers an attractive P/E multiple of 5.5. In comparison, Saudi Arabia's Tadawul Index gained 2.9%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV