NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's Daily ETF Winners and Losers. Be sure to stop by each day to get a feel of who's winning and who's losing when it comes to ETFs.
Market Vectors Gold Miners (GDX) 3.7%
The markets are closing this volatile week on an up note, but jittery investors still bid up gold. This has helped the precious metals miners. Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ) and Global X Silver Miners ETF (SIL) are top winners today.
LosersiShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction Index Fund (ITB) -0.7% Homebuilders and other subsectors of the real estate industry have suffered staggering drops in recent weeks as the post homebuyer tax credit hangover sets in. Earlier in the week investors learned that new home sales dipped 33% in the previous month. On Friday, ITB took an additional hit after top holding KB Home (KBH) posted a wider- than- expected loss for the fiscal second quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV